Ever wonder which female celebrities smoke? Here is an abbreviated female celebrity smoking list. This is not implying these women are current smokers, and hopefully they’re not. But, they have been seen at one point in their life smoking cigarettes.
Maybe they smoked in a music video, or perhaps in a movie. Maybe they were caught on the red carpet smoking cigarettes. Maybe they were seen at a nightclub smoking, or perhaps while shopping downtown. It could be anywhere really.
I often wonder when actresses smoke in their movies when they themselves are not smokers if they get addicted and have to go through physical withdrawal. They do takes after takes of each scene, so it’s possible they are lighting up a cigarette for each take. I bet some of them go through nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
Are any of them your idols? Do you think they’re cooler now because they’re smokers? Do you think they want to quit? Do you think the ones who died wanted to quit before it was too late?
Let’s take a look at the female celebrity smoking list:
- Lucille Ball, actress, star of I Love Lucy, died of heart failure at 77. Though it is common knowledge she smoked 1-2 packs of cigarettes a day. She even was a spokesmodel for Phillip Morris until 1970.
- Judy Garland, actress, star of The Wizard Of Oz.
- Rosemary Clooney, actress, star of White Christmas.
- Bette Davis, actress, star of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?, died of a stroke at 81. Though it is common knowledge she smoked 1-2 packs everyday of her adulthood up until she died.
- Lindsay Lohan, actress. Has been seen in countless tabloid photographs smoking cigarettes.
- Drew Barrymore, actress, star of E.T. Has been smoking since the age of 10. (that’s gotta be a tough addiction to break!)
- Britney Spears, singer. Notorious for her photographs of her smoking. I know she didn’t smoke while pregnant, but she did before and after.
- Gillian Anderson, actress, star of The X-Files.
- Jamie Lee Curtis, actress, star of Halloween.
- Geena Davis, actress, star of The Fly and A League of Their Own.
- Shannon Daugherty, actress, star of Beverly Hills 90210.
- Jackie Kennedy, First Lady, smoked 3 packs a day.
- Courtney Love, singer/actress, star of The People Vs. Larry Flynt.
- Gwynith Paltrow, actress.
- Uma Thurman, actress, star of Pulp Fiction.
- Alicia Silverstone, actress, star of Clueless.
- Alanis Morrisette, singer, wrote Jagged Little Pill.
- Marilyn Monroe, actress, legendary star.
- Sarah Jessica Parker, actress, star of Sex and The City.
- Michelle Pfiefer, actress, star of Dangerous Minds and Batman Returns.
- Sharon Stone, actress, star of Basic Instinct and Total Recall.